Celebrate The 2017 Holiday Season
Join us on December 12 at O'Finns Irish Temper in downtown Oakville as we celebrate the end of another great Silicon Halton year. We hope you’ve found value and learned new ideas from all the meetups, peer2peer groups, special events, and linkedin discussions. It’s time to come out and have some fun and meet a whole bunch of people. We're going to start this meetup a little earlier at 6:30 pm - as we'd like to encourage you to come try the great dinner menu at O'Finn's.
While we've run many of our famous Speed Networking nights over the years (where everyone has a few minutes to exchange short introductions and make new connections, then rotate to the next introduction) - we are going to try something new.
In the Spirit of the Season - Find Some Things In Common!
Because we all build business relationships with people when we find things in common and this builds trust, our networking session will be focused on finding 5 things people have in common. During three minutes of conversation with each person, you'll be asking each other questions to find out what you have in common. For example:
- One thing in common related to business - examples - a client, a business model, software you use
- One thing in common that makes you highly productive - examples - a process, a habit, an app
- One thing in common related to what you'd like to learn in 2018 - examples - new technology, new skill, new craft
- One thing in common related to family - examples - sports you play, where your kids go to school, favourite restaurants
- One thing in common related to whatever else you want to discuss
Look forward to getting to know everyone better!